THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 28, 2008

Super Tuesday on my mind.

I realize that coming from me, saying "Vote" doesn't mean much. You don't know me, you probably don't know enough about me to respect me. Most of you don't understand this innate, unwavering sense of duty. I am just one person, sitting at a computer somewhere in the Midwest, feeling unsettled and dissatisfied with the leaders of our country. But I know there are more of you out there, I feel that.

And I challenge you. Say something to somebody, anybody--the guy on the bus sitting next to you, your sister, your friends at work, the receptionist at the dentist's office. Voice your opinion. Put up a sticker or a sign. Be heard. Color indifference a new shade! Don't just vote one way because your parents are or because you always have or because you don't know enough to vote intelligently. Voting is not just a right, it's a responsibility. Take it seriously.

I haven't done much that I can really say is great in my life or remarkable, but it's never been so easy this time. Be present February 5th. Be great.

1 comments:

Peter said...

Well put. Of course.

I genuinely feel like you are also voting on behalf of my Canadian ass.