THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hazards of the Game

I have a Wii-related injury. Apparently this game will make you handicapped.

If I hadn't had rotator cuff surgery nearly ten years ago I would tell you that my volleyball career is definitely now over. I had to hold my arm over my head with my other arm in order to blow dry my hair after showering.

The game I mentioned above, combined with at least 14 good hours of Wii Baseball and Bowling has rendered me useless.

And I guess I'm not the only one. Current statistics show that 2 in 5 people who play Wii, come away with some type of injury. I mean, there is even a website dedicated to Wii-related injuries.

The kicker is that last night after having a delicious dinner in Chinatown with my friends Andy, Anna and Jill, they wanted to play Wii back at Andy's. My problem is I can't say no to anything and I am competitive to a fault. So I tried bowling lefty.

Turns out, I'm pretty fucking amazing as a lefty.

But now my left arm is fucked. I literally cannot lift either arm over my head. Also, opening doors is tough, too.

There really is no other point to this story.

I have a Wii-related injury and I'm almost 30 years old.

That is all.

3 comments:

A Lil' Irish Lass said...

HAHAHAHA.

Peter said...

I still can't believe that you played volleyball instead of basketball.

Hillary said...

ah yes, the Wii injury

My Wii injury? Wii tennis elbow. I feel so old.