THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 25, 2008

I love you Eddie Vedder and I promise not to stalk you.



Last night the stars aligned and my karma finally kicked back into gear. I drank with Eddie Vedder.

Here's how it went down. My friend Katie works for the Cubs. She books all the talent and celebrities for the 7th inning stretch and to throw out the first pitch. It's basically a dream job...hang out at Wrigley all day and entertain stars and professional athletes. Anyways, Eddie is just one of her many celebrity friends.

So she texts my roommate to come down to Stanley’s, which is the bar below my apartment. I'm lazing around on the couch at my neighbor's place when my roommate runs in and is like, "Didn't you get my texts?" completely breathless. I said no, and she was like, "Get up, get dressed. We're going to Stanley's. Eddie Vedder and Chris Chelios are hanging out down there and Katie got us the in!" So I go down there and who the fuck is she sitting with, but Eddie motherfucking Vedder? I almost shit myself. No, you know what? I may have shit a little.

This man is my god. I don’t have religion, I have Pearl Jam. It was insane. A warm wave came over me. My cheeks started burning and my hands grew slick with sweat. This is one of those once in a lifetime moments, I thought to myself.

But I couldn't move. I couldn't speak. I couldn't even bring myself to make eye contact with him. I was totally frozen with apprehension. It was as if my whole body had petrified upon taking one step into the bar. I was cemented to the ground.

I've met a lot of celebrities and I've never lost it like this. This man made me LOVE MUSIC. See this post about Pearl Jam. Now you understand the reason for all of the above.

I did end up loosening up, as my roommate can attest. At one point, as we got up to leave, we made eye contact briefly. And no, it wasn't soul shaking, it wasn't awestriking. He's just a regular guy, like me or you. I threw up the peace sign and he graciously flashed it back. My insides warmed.

I had my camera, but felt that these moments should be memorexed in my mind. These type of moments are so rare and not everything needs to be captured. You end up missing the real moments with your face behind a camera.

So I snapped the above shot as we were leaving. Just one photo.

I can die happy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

First Patti Smith, now Eddie Vedder? Man, you're a regular socialite!

Anonymous said...

man you shoulda cropped my head out more. sheesh. then more room for eddie!

Cunning_Linguist said...

Good guy. Autistic son and lover of trains. What one has to do with the other, I do not know.

Now Patti Smith and Kate Bush *makes warm gurgly noises*. MMMMMMMMM.

JenBun said...

Hooray! What an awesome night!!

(And I am totally with you on LIVING the event, rather than trying to get it all on camera...)

NathaliaWichan said...

I'm SO jealous!! He is the most amazing man in the world!!!!