THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Book review

The Phantom Tollbooth The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

If you love the playfulness of language at all, you will love this book. This book was written for lovers of the English language, people who frolic in the splashy joyfulness of syntax and diction, wanderers of the doldrums of grammar, and seekers of simple, breathtaking irony.

It's a childrens' adventure tale, but it doesn't take a kid to enjoy this story. In fact, the later I reread it in my years, the more meaning it had to me. The more wit I found in Juster's words.

If you have kids, put this book on their bookshelf. They will thank you when they finally learn to appreciate it. Hopefully, it will nurture their love of reading and words as much as it did for me.

View all my reviews >>

0 comments: