THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 09, 2008

If rainy days breed dark thoughts, then I've got a litter of black clouds.

Once again I suit up, take the stage and play the fool.

I feel like I am constantly in the rinse cycle, whurring around and around and around trying to be free of what stained me in the first place.

And then there is this damned woodpecker, destined to peck away at the same scars until there is nothing left to peck away. It is relentless. it doesn't eat. It doesn't sleep. It just pecks.

And pecks.

And.

Pecks.

How does that saying go?

Go instead where there is no path and make a trail?

In my case, it's go instead where there is no path and make a brutal, irreversible mess of the forest.

Somedays I just can't find my happy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn birds....

Unknown said...

Aww, that doesn't sound too good!

Although, socking it to an unsuspecting forest does sound like an environmentally unfriendly, yet effective way of cheering up!

Hope your day gets/got better!

Rambler said...

I saw this post, and I said this woman has some writing talent..and then I thought how insensitive I have become..the thought came out almost instantly
look at this line
"Once again I suit up, take the stage and play the fool. "
I am not sure if I should be in the awe of this line, or try to be behind emotion it evokes.

Chuck said...

I remember this one, just as good as the first time I read it.