THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Awesomefest's 5 Most Awesomely Awesome Moments

I think VH1 is debuting this as we speak. You should tune in.

5. One characteristic of Awesomefest is that it usually takes place in either Chicago or New York City. This moment, however, grandfathered in all awesomely awesome Awesomefest moments to follow. Spring Break 2002, Panama City.



4. The one where Donnelly runs the Chicago Marathon, aka the PG-13 Awesomefest. October 2006. Donnelly couldn't drink, so I took the reigns while we were at the Iowa/Michigan game at Barleycorn. Best friends do that for each other. That below bruise is what I get for drinking for two. Oh I also failed to mention that in my drunken, beat up state, that I proceeded to call my ex at 6 p.m. for a booty call. His response, "I'm eating dinner, Gates!??"



3. My first NYC Awesomefest. May 2006. I remember five things about that trip. Pizza. SoCo shots. Stripper pole. Sweetbreads. And Spanish Harlem.



2. Awesomefest7000, Chicago, June 2007. Sexy knife poses and THE GAYS.



1. The very first Awesomefest in Chicago, way back in December of 2005. Donnelly took a cab directly from O'Hare to my neighborhood watering hole, Durkin's. I introduced her to vodka bottle shots and Allende burritos at 4 a.m. Oh. And it goes without saying that I also introduced her to the monstrosity that is Beaumont's. See the beginning of this post for explanation.



Donnelly, are you ready to make this a top 10 list at AF2008 in two weeks?

8 comments:

Peter said...

Oh man... I love that "Shhhh" sign in #4.

I am getting the distinct feeling that these events are, for lack of a better word, awesome.

dmbmeg said...

Thank you for not posting the picture of me eating the slice of pizza with cheese running down my face.

Hellafied said...

Peter: Do I see an Awesomfest9000 Canada Operation Maple Leaf in our future? I thiiiiink I doooo...

Donnelly: Kate has already marked us for complete drunk photo annhilation in two weeks. Her words exactly were, "Payback's a bitch!" I think she's unhappy with the drunken airport photo.

So needless to say, there have been worse photos in the past, and there will definitely be worse photos in the future.

dmbmeg said...

Oh come on. Does she know how much joy that single picture brought to many people across the country?

I mean, her tits did look great too.

dmbmeg said...

Also, I can't get over how awesomely horrifying all of these pictures are of me. Did you scour to find every single bad picture? I mean, can we throw up a sober one, you know, just for fun?

Hellafied said...

I don't know that you've ever taken a sober photo, Don.

dmbmeg said...

good point.

Peter said...

Re: Awesomfest9000 Canada Operation Maple Leaf

Oooooh.

Being in Canada would make it SUPERAwesomefest... I'm just sayin'.

If I introduced you all to Nova Scotian moonshine and Newfoundland "Screech," half of you would never want to leave. And, with my luck, Donnelly would be in that half. (I know I owe her a dig for something...)